Monday, December 5, 2011

Festival of the Trees


I was able to attend the 41st Festival of the Trees in Sandy, UT this weekend. I joined Lexie, Jenny, Erik, Andrea and all their kids (9 in all) as we enjoyed looking at gingerbread houses, quilts and trees, trees, trees! One of the displays included a quote from Dr. Seuss, "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." Lexie said she already knew it, but of course she did, she is the "quote-queen". I found a couple other quotes from him that I like...

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living."

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..."

Pictures from the festival to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment