Friday, April 20, 2012

Hidden Canyon Ranch

It's been a wonderful evening at the Hidden Canyon Ranch, an oasis on the Utah-Nevada border near Baker. Amazing sights to see as I drove here this afternoon. The new wind mills in Spring Valley, favorite Baker sights and a few treasures as I arrived at the ranch. I'm the camp cook this year for my friend and colleague's teacher inquiry project retreat. There are 7 teachers here. I plan to cook, read, run, relax, and work on my college coursework. Tonight the stars were absolutely breathtaking. No light, no moon, no clouds...perfect. The scope and binoculars revealed Venus in its crescent phase as well as Mars and Saturn. A beautiful shooting star fore to wish on. It is so peaceful and beautiful here. Just a year ago I was here working on my project. It was my first week in a boot after my ski injury. After 7 weeks on crutches I was weak, but eager to be here without them. Interesting memories coming back as I ponder the recovering and healing that has taken place in my life over the last year. I have been blessed to have miracles take place in my life and know I have experienced many over the last year. It's good to be here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment