Friday, February 3, 2012

Running


Something about running in the clean, mountain air of Ely that satisfies body and soul. Today was no exception. It was a brisk 34deg. but Tayler and I enjoyed a 5 mile run together. Endorphins make all the stress and worry of life disappear if only for a few hours. Nothing can compare to the feelings and sights of the outdoors. I am thankful for every step I can take as each is a blessing. The kids and I are preparing for a half marathon later this spring. Should be a family affair this time. I'm excited for them to experience the feelings of such a race and look forward to participating with them.

My mind fills with thoughts as I run. It's a good time to reflect on my life and the experiences I have had, good and bad. I try to figure out what I am supposed to learn from the hard stuff and feel gratitude for the good.

No comments:

Post a Comment