Sunday, October 17, 2010

Park City PINK 1/2 Marathon



First annual Park City Pink Series 1/2 Marathon was a blast! I ran with Andrea, sporting her 10 year survivor shirt, and Michelle, along with a couple of Andrea's friends, Tracy and ChrisAnn. It was great to run with all women in support of racing for a cure for breast cancer. The scenery was breathtaking as we ran mostly on trails working our way from near Dear Valley to the I-80 Park City exit. We were surrounded by mountains covered with bright yellow Aspen's. It was beautiful. I kept thinking of John Denver's song, Aspen Grove. This was my third 1/2 marathon this year. Bryce Canyon in July and the Suncrest Half in September were the other two. Each one had it's challenges as well as a spectacular view, from the sun rising on Bryce's red sandstone, to the yellow Aspens surrounding Park City, these races are worth every bit of effort in training. Running with family and friends makes them even better. I hope to run many more and keep this old body moving. Thanks to Andrea for inspiring me to run. She inspires me in so many ways. I am blessed to have her for a sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment